Now for some projects I've completed over the last couple of months.
Here is my unit of Army Red dismounted hussars. From the waist up they are Prince August Hussars. From the waist down they are of my own construction.
Here is the Bavarian Field Artillery. They are made from a Dutkin's Berdan sharpshooter (ACW) figure. They have the same head as the Horse Artillery above.
This gun was in a box of stuff my wife picked up at the auction.Originally, it had a spring and a detachable muzzle half of the barrel (which was missing). I cut off the hook that held the barrel in place and pulled out the original spring (You can still see the retaining rod in the breech view). I cut a slot into the breech then added a new spring and plunger. The barrel extention is a brass tube.
Here's a motorcycle that I scratch built out of aluminum tubing.The wheels are also aluminum tubing that I found at the hobby store pre-bent and cut into a circle of the correct size. The motor is made from a couple of different sized dowels, the one for the cylinder is wrapped in light floral wire. The rider is the standard rider/driver that I use for most all of my vehicles.
My Army Black has four machineguns; two for the infantry and two for the cavalry.To transport the infantry guns I used Patrick's dog carts. Here I took the body of a dog cart, added wagon wheels and made new shafts from a clothes hanger. The horse is a plastic cavalry horse.
These are limbers for Army Black's artillery. The limber is a plastic ACW model. the gun is one I converted from a plastic (possibly Whitworth) ACW cannon. The horses are ones I converted from a metal AWI horse that was missing the head and tail. The head and tail come from a wounded horse in the ACW cavalry package that contains the horse used with the MG cart.
Here are some more Army Red staff officers. The left figure is a spin casted Army Red General available from TVAG. The other two have a generic body I recently sculpted with newly sculpted Army Red heads.
For Army Cornflower Blue's staff I have a redesign of the Grand Duchess of Garolstein and the Army Horizon Blue's General painted as a Bavarian. The new Grand Duchess has considerably more eye-appeal than the earlier version. I will field both versions as a mother / daughter combo.
This is part of the Army Black Signal Corps. The plan is to have one pair of signalers per command staff. I'm figuring on 7 pairs (4 brigades, a division, CnC, and observation corps). They have the generic body used in the Army Red photos above. To that I've added an Army Black fatigue capped head.
While you've seen the machinegun and gunner before, the loader is new. He is made from the sniper figure. I had to patch up the hole in his right shoulder, add an arm, and head.
This is the Ford 3 ton tank from Fiddlersgreen. I think it's a nice model and now I'm anxious to get my Army Red, White, and Blue painted so they can take the field.