Monday, January 14, 2013

A message from winter quarters in Colorado



This winter has been terribly hectic, in both my bussiness and personal life. And its not even half over yet! However, I have managed to sqeeze in some time for hobbies. Now, I've decided to take a few minutes to update my followers on what I've done in the last 3 months.

All of the master figures previously posted here have been sent to be put into molds and it is hoped that they will come available for sale soon. Since then, I have started some new figures. The first two are for the FLW Army Red, White, and Green.
















The first two photos are of Alpini. The arms will come from the molds we already have made.
















The next two photos are of the Bersaglieri. Here too, the arms will come from the molds we already have made.
















These four photos are of the Princess Viktoria Louise figure. Normally I would have just painted this figure, but Patrick found out about it. So. it has also been sent off to be put onto a mold.
















This is the Japanese machinegun crew. They will soon be available for purchase (unpainted) from TVAG.















 
Here are two Japanese staff officers. These too will soon be available for purchase (unpainted) from TVAG.














 

Three Army Black staff officers are next.The bodies are the dismounted Japanese Cavalry/Officer figure that have had head swaps.  

                                                                                                                    















  This is an Army Red staff officer, using the same body as his Hun counterparts.  















 

These are Army Red dismounted dragoons (left) and Army Cornflower Blue dismounted dragoons (right). Both figures are Chris Ferree originals.  
















Here is the Army Red assault unit. They are casted from the Dutkins WW1 British Infantry mold. The arms on the pistol armed officer are some of mine. I also modified one rifle into a pump shotgun.  

This is a prototype for a light cannnon that I am hoping to make in some quantity. The carriage is from a gun advertized as a "Civil War Cannon". The rest is made from styrene tubes, angles, and sheets. It has an average range of about 8' and shoots fairly straight.   For my next post, I hope to have a bicycle and rider, motorcycle with sidecar and crew, and a couple more Italians done.

 

3 comments:

  1. Winter Quarters has been most productive on the hobby front.Thanks for sharing these with us.
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    As always great sculpting and modelling. I can't wait to get back into some Little Wars this year. Just have to finish up some other projects. You are always an inspiration to me ... Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wonderful stuff! I've *just* converted my very first figure and was looking for inspiration for what to try next...Some terrific ideas here. :)

    ReplyDelete